Before You List – Interview Real Estate Agents
Posted on February 25, 2012
Filed Under Listing and Selling Your Home
Last night I was out playing cards with friends, one of whom is going to sell her home in a few months. About three weeks ago we talked about her hiring an agent and I stressed the importance of interviewing two or three and finding out some answers to, what I believe, are important questions. I told my friend that the internet is now the biggest screening tool that Buyers use for deciding to see a home. I also said that some Buyers have purchased homes (usually from overseas) without ever stepping foot in the home. It is all based on the photos and videos. Given the importance of good photos and videos, I suggested that she ask each agent:
- Who takes the photos that will be used in the listing?
- Will there be video?
- How many photos will be used?
- Do I, the Seller, have a say in which photos will be used?
- Where will the photos be posted (websites)?
- I take the photos with my little camera.
- I never use video.
- I like to post two or three photos just to tease people to come see the house.
- I pick the photos.
- I only use the local real estate board site.
Photo credit: Ace of Spades Card Trick Macro 10-19-09-02